Monday, October 26, 2009

Host Mention - Favorite Use of Edward: Shameless Developments by SweetDulcinea



There were a few stories scattered through the contest that used Edward and/or Bella, depending on the main pairing, in particularly creative ways. For example, "Riders on the Storm" by teacupsNmints - an Edward / Jasper pairing - featured a Bella motorcycle. When I read "Shameless Developments" by SweetDulcinea, I knew immediately that this would be the most creative of the lot.

"Shameless" opens as an Alice / Bella story. They have been dating for three years and have a lively and healthy relationship, both sexually and otherwise. It is after Bella first meets Jasper, Alice's childhood friend, and Bella feels an undeniable attraction to a man for one of the first times in five years, that we are introduced to "Edward."

"Edward," along with "Carlisle" and "Jake," is a featured player from Bella and Alice's nightstand drawer. He is described as a "big boy" and is brought out for particularly..... rousing bedtime sessions.

While I loved this story for many reason aside from Edward's role - and I worry the Edward gals may riot in indignation - I have to admit I was thrilled to see the sparkle peen truly in action.

- ElleCC

Link to story: Shameless Developments by SweetDulcinea

P.S. Extra kudos to AG for her brilliance with this banner. As she said to us, "you know you wanna giggle."

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the lovely honor, my dears. I had an unbelievable amount of fun writing this story, and I giggled at myself over Edward/Carlisle/Jake so many times I should be embarrassed. Alas, I have no shame. Participating in this contest was a great experience as an author, reader, and fangirl. There may just be more J/B stories in my future than the 2 for this contest =)

    And the banner? So much win I can hardly stand it <3

    ReplyDelete