Monday, October 26, 2009

Judges' Mention: Leaving Her by CherBella



This entry begins with an ending, with Jasper leaving. His dream was always to follow his family's legacy and be in the Army. He and Bella meet while he's still at West Point, and they fall in love and get married shortly after Jasper is given a huge career opportunity... one that comes with a high-risk job.

I couldn't help but fall in love with this Jasper, even though military men aren't usually my thing. This story is like one long, drawn-out angst fest. He's always fucking leaving. How much more angsty can you get? He leaves her these sweet, beautiful, sometimes dirty, notes that just rip your heart out. You can really feel the agony and impact of him leaving each time.

The lemon was painful, sad, after the deterioration of their marriage, it feels like it might be one last reconnection and then perhaps a permanent goodbye.

I don't want to ruin the ending for you, suffice to say, I sobbed buckets. Like, sobbed and sobbed, then thought about it and sobbed more. I'll let you read and figure out if they were happy or sad tears, just go and read it.

- MsKathy

Link to story: Leaving Her by CherBella

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I can't stop smiling!

    There was SO many really really good fics entered and some very talented writers in this contest I was not all expecting to see my fic chosen for anything.

    Thanks so much for the honorable mention and for the lovely write-up. MsKathy, it sounds like I owe you some Kleenex. :)

    ReplyDelete